Collaboration means working together to achieve a goal. As a new student group, you may be unsure of where best in the realm of over 400 student groups you fit. Identifying a mission and group identity is important, however, a great way to best engage students is by working with other groups
- Learn skills by working with an established group
- Increase outreach by utilizing multiple networks of students
- Diversify student activities (change wording to clarify)
- Promote efficiency within internal practices
- Share workload with more manpower and resources
These are just a few reasons to start thinking about collaboration, but before you do, follow the steps of collaboration by clicking on each for more information:
- Have your mission, general information, and goals well-thought out and be able to articulate them.
- Identify groups with which you would like to partner.
- Have the details of the partnership ready to discuss, know what you can compromise on and what you can’t, and start the process of collaboration with a meeting!