How does my student group get funding?
UCAE does not directly allocate funds to student groups.
- For events and activities, get in touch with SOFC
- Receive a FundCode through the Business Office (takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks)
- For products, services, or equipment, send your treasurer to the UCAE business office to have a training session on campus spending policies only after you have gotten a FundCode
How does my student group reserve rooms or rent tables?
- Sign up for DukeGroups and create a profile
- Once your group has acquired a fund code:
How does my student group set up a website?
- Make a Facebook page and post on Class Pages
- Create a website through Sites@Duke if FB is not enough
- Create a Twitter to keep members posted
- Create a logo with DiDA’s help
How does my student group recruit more members?
- Sign up for the Student Activities Fair, which takes place every semester (For questions, contact Eric Sneeden at email@example.com)
- Check DukeGroups
- Create fliers and marketing strategies with DiDA’s help
- Refer to LAUNCH for recruitment
How does my student group use DiDA for marketing?
- Find DiDA in the Greenhouse outside of the Bryan Center
- Submit a request to meet with DiDA (if you have meeting, is this necessary)
- Services include print design (posters, banners, brochures, etc.)
- Website design services, artistic projects coordination, basic marketing consultation and guidance